Aug 16, 2011

Squash Fajitas

It's the time of year when my garden is producing zucchini in abundance and so I'm putting all of my favorite zucchini recipes to good use.  My family isn't even complaining!  This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law, Karie.  I've been making these fajitas ever since then.


SQUASH FAJITAS

1 medium onion, sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
2 T olive oil
Sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and cheese, if desired

Marinade:
2 T lemon juice
½ c salsa
½ c Italian dressing
1 t Worcestershire sauce

Place 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces into marinade and store in plastic zipper bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Heat 2T olive oil in pan and sauté slices of: onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and pepper until vegetables are soft. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper as desired then grill or pan fry. Add cooked chicken to vegetable mixture and heat through. Serve in warmed tortillas with cheese, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment