Aug 27, 2011

Orange Pineapple Smoothies

I make a lot of smoothies especially because this is one way I can actually get my 6-year-old to eat fruit without complaining.  This recipe is based on a Taste of Home recipe, however, I made quite a few modifications to the original recipe.  The result was a refreshing smoothie that was given two thumbs up from the said picky 6-year-old.  I bet he didn't even realize that he'd just eaten pineapple!

ORANGE PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIES

2 c frozen tropical fruit blend (pineapple, strawberries, peaches, mangoes)
1 c orange juice
1 c mango nectar
1 c vanilla frozen yogurt
1 ½ T honey
1 t vanilla
½ envelope (.15 oz.) unsweetened orange soft drink mix

Place each ingredient in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Serve immediately. Makes 3-4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment