Feb 26, 2011

Crispy Onion Chicken

Sometimes it seems like dinner time can be one of the most stressful times of the day.  That's why a simple easy recipe is always a winner.  I just discovered this recipe in the most recent Taste of Home Magazine.  I loved the fact that the prep time was 10 minutes - no chopping or dicing required!  I reduced the amount of pepper called for in the recipe and I chose to use cheddar fried onions although I'm sure the chicken would also be great with the regular fried onions.

This chicken received big compliments from the men at my house.  It went well with the roasted potates that I prepared as a side.  It was an easy simple meal that was delicious without a lot of work on my part.  The best part was the my son who says he hates all things onions loved this chicken and he didn't even realize what he was eating.


CRISPY ONION CHICKEN

½ c butter, melted
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t ground mustard
½ t garlic salt
⅛ t pepper
1 can (6-oz.) cheddar french-fried onions, crushed
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add ½ c fried onions. Dip chicken in the butter mixture, then coat with onions.

Place in a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment